Mission/Vision Final Draft
With the goal of increasing women in leadership positions and in local, regional, statewide public office, a small group of women came together following the election in 2012 to take concrete action.
More voices of women in the conversation creates a balance in leadership and decision making that results in significant changes in the way our communities function.
The Cape Women’s Coalition (CWC) is a non-partisan coalition of individuals and representatives of organizations and groups working together as an agent of change to encourage and support women to enter public life and become leaders through civic engagement.
• To educate the public about the benefits of a better balance in decision-making and leadership at all levels
• To recruit, mentor and train women at a grassroots level in traditional and non-traditional ways
• Build upon strengths and existing work already underway
• Do the work through existing organizations when possible
• Operate by consensus
• Be inclusive and deliberate/intentional on diversity including geography, age, cultural, racial, sexual orientation and more.
• Foster an atmosphere of civil dialogue
• Take an action-oriented approach
• Take risks by trying out different things and using non-traditional approaches
• Stimulate action via speakers, outreach, info sessions and social media
• Annual breakfast for International Women’s Day
• Mentoring & recruitment
• Tracking activities & what works
• Create opportunities for training women to build skills
• Create a network
• Build upon small successes
What does it mean to participate?
• Attend meetings and events, contribute time and talents and join the Coalition.